Translate

Mittwoch, 6. November 2013

London - day 4

Monday; War museum and shopping
Monday was our shopping day. We ate breakfast in the morning and had still some time until all the shops would open. So we decided to go to "Churchill war rooms" which was a museum that shows all the secret rooms that were used by the English government under the Second World War. All the rooms show how the people worked and lived their everyday life down there at this secret place. When this hiding place was in use, you only could enter it through a floor hatch in the kitchen of a big building. Almost nobody knew that this place actually exists. However, it was quite interesting to learn things about the war from an other view than from the Swiss neutrality. After this visit in the museum we splitted up, so that Ylva and Karin could go shopping in the Oxfordstreet and David, Jonas and I could go to Hamley's, the biggest toy store all over the world. The three of us walked to the store with a little detour to the Buckingham Palace. Then we joined those many many people (mainly kids) who were already there. Hamley's has 5 floors full of every toy you've ever seen or thaught about. This was David's paradise. He bought some toys and was really exited to prove them later in the hotel. When it was time for lunch we met Ylva and Karin again and ate in an Indish restaurant. After a delicious meal we wanted to do some more shopping, this time toghether. So we went to the Doctor Marten's shoe store and then to an other one where I bought a pair of shoes, because my old sneakers were not that pretty-looking anymore. After a while in the shops we got tired and decided to split up again, so that Karin could carry David and Ylva back to the hotel and go to some more shops for her own and Jonas and I could take a bus to the Hard Rock Cafe, where I wanted to buy a shirt. It's not that I collect them official, but my Dad brought me and my brother some times such T-shirts when he was in an other country and therefore I decided to buy one too, when I have the possibility. However, we went "home" too and took a short break, before it was time for dinner in an Italian restaurant. It was long time ago, I was so full. I'm sure, if I would have eaten only one bite more, I would have burst. Because we were not able to do something exhausting after this big dinner and were tired anyway, we took it easily and went just back to the hotel and later to bed.

 The entrance to Churchill War Rooms
 When the hiding place was in use, there was always a guard in front of the office room.

 David and me in front of the Buckingham Palace, where the Queen of England lives.
 The Queen built out of Lego in Hamley's

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen