Translate

Donnerstag, 31. Oktober 2013

London - day 1

Yes, I know, this blog is actually about my year in Sweden, but now I want to write about an other country: England. Or, to be honest, just about its capital.
This week the Swedish schools have autumn holyday and my hostfamily and me went for 5 nights to London. We experienced so much that it's simply not possible to write only one post. Therefore I'm going to tell separately about each day. So, here we go:

Friday; take off and arrival
Last friday afternoon I had to hurry with my painting in the artclass, so that I wont come home to late. We drove to the airport Arlanda at 14:00 and had plenty of time to check in our luggages and go through the safety check. After this we still had about 1,5 hours before the gate opened and so we went to Starbucks and spent our time with drinking coffee. Without any stress we went to the bus that would lead us to the plane. The flight took about 2 hours, and I spent most of this time with sleeping. When we got our luggages back at the airport in London, we took a taxi to our bed&breakfast hotel. Even driving taxi was special, because, as you may know, in England they drive on the left side of the street and have the steering wheel on the right side inside the car. Because we were five passengers, two of us (including me) had to drive backwards. It took very long to get to the hotel, because the main street was closed and the taxidriver had to search all the small ways. But finally we arrived and could put the luggage in our two rooms before we went out again to the fish restaurant, where we had a reservation. We ordered fish&chips. Normally I know this in a cartonbox, with plastic forks and fat sauces. But not so in the restaurant. We got whole fish fillets and separat bowls with chips, vegetables and homemade sauce. It was delicious! However, it was quite late and we all were tired, so we went back to the hotel and fell soon asleep.

 Enjoying coffee and fresh sandwiches at Starbucks
Jonas in the front of the plane
The Jesmond - our bed&breakfast hotel

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen