Translate

Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013

KI-dag i skolan

Today was a very extraordinary schoolday. We got a visit of the "Karolinska Institut" which is something like a university for medicin. First we had to go to the Aula and listen to two speaches about "Att vara hudläkare i Afrika" (eng. being dermatologist in Afrika) and "Tuberkulose i ett globalt perspektiv" (eng. tuberculose in a global perspective). Both of the women who had these speaches, spoke about their own experiences and showed own-taken pictures in a power-point presentation. This was really interesting and the sometimes shocking photos made it lively. After the speaches was a little break for half an hour and therefore went we to the big hall (named Sahara, because it's really almost as big as the desert) where the students of KI told and showed us what their study is about. This was my favorite part of the day, because you got everywhere a lot of things for free, like for example tooth paste ore ear drops. Everyone who knows me, also knows that I LOVE things for free! The same counts for Nazla, a girl of my class, so we went around and picked up whatever we could reach. We were so concentrated in this, that we didn't notice how the time went by. That's the reason why we were late for the next point on our schedule: Information about  KI's educations. Well, this was not that interesting for me, because I won't study there anyway and I'm not even interested in study medicin somewhere else. But it didn't go long until this talk was over and we could go for lunch. Gonca, an other girl of my class, and me went to the Sahara again, so that she can get a tooth brush and I can take more post cards. We walked a little around again and tested different workshops. One of the information desks was about bio medicin and there was a microscope with a sick blood corpuscle. We had to guess what kind of illness this could be, but even if our guesses would have been right, the woman wouldn't have told us. She didn't want that anyone tells it around until everyone knows it and doesn't have to guess anymore. I was not confident with that, so I asked again, if she would let us in the end of the day, but the woman said no, because then it's no miracle anymore for next year. Well... in situations like this, it's an absolute advantage to be an exchange student. After I told her that I won't be here next year and why, she was very pleased to tell me the answer. Great exchange bonus ;-)! I had of course to promise that I will keep this little secret for me, so I won't write down here, which kind of illnes the blood corpuscle had. When it was time, Gonca and me went back to our lockers and then further to the next talk about endemies, epidemies and pandemies. In the end of the day our class met and we wrote a short text about what we learned today and so on. The whole day was very fun and chill!

The way to my school - autumn comes...
 Tadaaa: my school HUDDINGE GYMNASIET
 what a beautiful picture - greetings to my mother: ig ha bim "hamschtere" es paar mau a di müesse däiche ;-)
This is my motto for the year: "The language is the occurs ticket for the life"

1 Kommentar:

  1. Ja, Schätzlein, d Verwandtschaft chame nid lügne! :-))

    AntwortenLöschen