Translate

Samstag, 19. Oktober 2013

Sveriges Riksdag - Sweden's parliament

Yesterday my class and me went on an excursion to the Swedish parliament in Gammla Stan, Stockholm. I was not sure if I could go with them first, because I normally don't go to the society class, but I simply asked the teacher when I met her randomly in school and this was no problem for her. In the parliament we had a guide which showed us some of the rooms and told some history and facts. But is was so much that I can't remember every detail, so I better add some pictures and tell something about them separatly.

 This is what you see out of one of the windows of the parliament. Swedens capital =)
 Here is the main room, where the political discussions take place. All the discussions are public, so even I could go in and listen. You can also follow them on TV or on the official website in the internet.
 This is my class and me - listening to the guide.
 On this picture you can see a weaving with the official name "minnet av en landskap" (eng. the memory of a landscape). The landscape on the weaving doesn't really exist, it's out of fantasy. The guide told us, that around 1980 every district of Sweden donated yarn for this weaving and it took one year to weave it. When you see it in real, it doesn't look so big, but it's as big as a small accomodation (I don't remember the exact size, unfortunately...)
 This model shows all the buildings that belong to the parliament. We were just in the main building, the one in the middle. Other buildings contain for example accomodations for those employees which have a long way to travel. In the front of the model would be the rest of Gammla Stan and in the background the city of Stockholm.
 Easy to remember the name: room of stairs.
 The symbol of Stockholm (They are rarely used theese days. A lot of my class neather new that this one belongs to Stockholm.)
This room is one of the newest ones. The women's room. When the women in Sweden got the right to vote in 1921, this room got its name. Theese four pictures show first women in Sweden's politic. I can neather remember their names nor in which position they worked, sorry.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen