Translate

Dienstag, 17. Juni 2014

On the train to Göteborg

Last Thursday the 12th of June I travelled to Göteborg to visit Lea Winter (remember: the AFS student who visited me some months ago). At 10:15 in the morning I catched the train in Stockholm and prepared for my travel to the westcoast. It would take slightly more than three hours, I thought. I'd arrive at 13:25, I thought. But I thought wrong. After approximately 25 minutes the train stopped in Mölnbo because of a broken contact line. We stod still for about 50 minutes while someone tried to fix the line at once. That didn't work, so the train company searched for an alternative route which would take longer but could take us further. Therefore, after a 80 minutes stop, we drove back in opposite direction to the trainstation in Södertälje where we could change direction again and take the other route. But first we had to wait until there was a free gate. On the alternative route there was quite a long distance with only one single rail track. That meant that we had to wait for confronting trains in intervals that felt like about every five minutes. With other words; it was a loooong way. At 15:45 we finally arrived Katrineholm. After a stop there, we could return to the original route and after two more hours the train finally arrived Göteborg's trainstation at 17:50 p.m. SIGH.
That was 4,5 hours delay, more than the original time of travel.
I was really glad when I could get out of that train after being on board for 7,5 hours. Lea met me at the gate and we headed directly to a coffeeshop. As usual ;-).
I will tell you more about my stay in Göteborg tomorrow, but I can tell you one thing now: it was absolutely worth the journey!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen