Translate

Freitag, 27. Juni 2014

The last week

Tuesday:
After a cosy and relaxed Monday I headed to the town with two friends on the afternoon. We didn't do that much there, but it was nice as always. On the evening we took the bus to Skansen, a famous park in Stockholm. There we met Jonas, Ylva, David and Tove, because we wanted to watch the "Allsången", a Swedish music festival that takes place every Tuesday in summer. There were Swedish singers like Ace Wilder and Niklas Strömstedt but also international singers like James Blunt. It was cool to see such a famous musik event live, while the great rest of Sweden watched it on TV.


 Look at this great view in a kind evening sun

Wednesday:
As you maybe already know I want to work as blacksmith when I get out of school. Therefore we drove to an old blacksmith institution near Stockholm; Wirabruk. Wirabruk was active in 300 years and had the monopole on forging all weapons for the Swedish army. After the last war in the nineteenth century the institution changed to scythes and other handicraft tools.
Today Wirabruk includes thee blacksmithes which forge all types of household keepings and all kinds of small thing such like curtain rings. It was very impressive to see such an important and historical place of Swedish blacksmith history.
 Some of the most popular weapons used by the Swedish army before nineteenth century.

 Tove and one of the ancient furnaces
A very nice - and practical - place for an institution like this: the majority of energy was gained by watercrafts.

Thursday:
On the early afternoon I met some of my closest friends at one friend's home to spend our last hours together and say good bye. It wasn't easy to leave, but I'm very sure, this wasn't the last time in life we met.
After that I got picked up by Jonas, David and Tove and together we drove to Grönalund amusementpark near Skansen. I discovered in Liseberg how much I love rollercoasters, so I wanted to ride every single one. Later on the evening Karin and Ylva joined us after they finished work. Together we had a great time and nobody died even if some of us were afraid to do so on the rollercoasters. ;-)

 A very tasty grill buffet in the amusement park
This carrousell is called "Eclipse" and it seriously feels like flying. The view from the top is just amazing and together with the wind in the face it's breath taking.

Friday:
Today Jonas and I took the train to town quite early in the morning, because we wanted to go on board on a tourist boat that drives under the bridges of Stockholm (not every single one of course but still many). The tour took slightly less than two hours and it was funny and intresting to know a little more about the town I haved lived in for ten months now. After that trip Jonas and I ate lunch and walked through the Old Town before we took the train back home again.

This was my last full day with my hostfamily. Tomorrow I will meet all the other AFS students again for the End-of-Stay-camp. It's really hard to explain my feelings. On one hand I'm so excited to meet all my friends and my lovely family again after such a long time, but on the other hand I don't want to leave those wonderful people I've gotten to know here in Sweden. My suitcase is as good as ready to be checked in at the airport. It's still very hard for me to realise how this whole exchange life is over now. Time really flies unbelievably fast.

I could've explained my activities in this last week a lot more extensively but I prefere to spend the time with my hostfamily instead. Next time you hear of me, I'm already back in Switzerland.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen